Download v-neck pattern pdf (134kb)
- 8.5"x9" of light cotton fabric
- matching thread
- 2 small pieces of velcro
- sew top bust pieces together along center
- gather each bust piece between dots
- sew front top to front waist, matching dots
- fold over back center edges and stitch down
- attach velcro to the seam allowance.
(on right, attach to inside of the garment. on left (with fold), attach to outside on fold.)
neck and armsnote: there's an easy and a hard way to do this.
- fold under necklines and armholes 1/4 inch
- clip wherever it curves
- stitch down and trim to 1/8 inch seam allowance
- sew 2 neck facing pieces together to make 'v' at center front
- stitch to right side of neckline
- trim down outside edge of neckline and facing
- fold facing over trimmed edge and stitch down other side in the ditch
- do same thing for each armhole facing and armhole
sides and ruffle
- sew down side seams
- fold ruffle piece in half, right side out, gather
- sew ruffle to bottom edge of top
TA DAYou're all done!
ideas & variationsTry different fabrics and color combinations.
You can also try using lace or eyelet trim instead of a ruffle.