Zip-up hoodie with pockets
Download hoodie pattern pdf (186kb)
- 6" by 8" of knit fabric
- matching thread
- separating zipper
(you can also use a non-separating zipper, but it's harder to get on the doll)
- fold down diagonal of the pocket, stitch down
- sew top and side of pocket to front
- match 1 front piece to back, sew at shoulder and side
- repeat for other front piece
- (make sure the pockets are on the outside!)
- fold waistband in half lengthwise, right side out
- place waistband along wrong side of body at the bottom, matching raw edge to raw edge, sew
- match two pieces of hood right sides together
- sew along top, curve, and back side
- clip curve, turn hood right side out
- matching to body neck line, right side to right side. sew.
- match front body edges right sides together, baste closed
- press seam allowances open
- center closed zipper along basted seam, stitch down zipper through seam allowance and front, on both sides
- while you're at it, hem the hood front edge (not shown)
- take out basted stitches
- fold cuff in half, wrong sides together
- match raw edge of cuff to bottom edge of sleeve, sew
- fold sleeve in half lengthwise, sew along edge
- turn sleeve right-side-out, place in inside-out body, sew around armhole
- repeat for other sleeve
TA DAYou're all done!
ideas & variationsTry making it without sleeves or without a zipper.
Decorate the front with patches.
Use fabric paint to add graphic designs.