Knit bubble dress
Download bubble dress pattern pdf (274kb)
- knit fabric (tshirt weight)
- matching thread
- optional: fabric/acrylic paint
- optional: hook fastener
- sew FRONT TOP piece to the 2 BACK TOP pieces at shoulders
- fold over neckline raw edge, top-stitch down all the way around, starting from back
- fold over 2 vertical raw edges on the back pieces, top-stitch down.
- sew each SLEEVE into respective u-shaped hole in bodice, gathering sleeves edge into hole. match front and back marks along stitching line. bodice should still be one big flat bib-like piece.
- sew the bottom edge of the FRONT TOP to the top edge of the FRONT SKIRT (high waist seam)
- sew the bottom edges of the 2 BACK TOP pieces into top edge of the BACK SKIRT piece. the finished edges of the 2 back pieces should meet in the center.
- sew down the the right and left sides, starting at the bottom of the sleeve, and ending at the bottom of the skirt. it should now look mostly like a dress
- optional: paint motif onto skirt
- sew the BOTTOM BAND into a circle, along short side of rectangle
- sew the bottom of the skirt into the bottom band, gathering skirt into band. leave the bottom edge of the band raw. (you can optionally finish it if you'd like, by turning it up into the skirt.)
- turn under the edges of the sleeve, top-stich down. you can gather as well, for a puffier sleeve, but make sure momoko's arm still fits through
- optional: add a hook/eye fastener at the back opening
TA DAYou're all done!
ideas & variationsMake the bodice (front top and back) a darker color.
Make the skirt extra bubbly by making the skirt wider