anita pants 2: cutting, sewing
I bought even more fabric, so I figured I should start going back and finishing projects before I’m buried in a mountain of stash. I had been planning on joining the MPB jeans sew-along back in May, but I missed even that (especially as they did everything in a single week). I’m using the blog posts now though, as a really handy step-by-step of what to do.
So … I fixed the muslin first. Lesson learned: if you want the waist higher, do NOT use the lengthen/shorten line across the hip. That is for people with longer or shorter butts. Instead, extend the waist/yoke up. I ended up keeping the front waist, raising the back center yoke by ~1 inch, and taking in the top of the back center seam by ~1-1.5 inches. The fitting aspect probably was the most painful part to do.
The rest has been mostly easy. I’ve cut out all the pieces and sewn in the front pockets.
Materials: “Wrangler” twill + metal zipper from Britex, cute mermaid fabric I had laying around (from Eddie’s Quilting Bee) for the pockets and waistband lining. I’d ordered some other twill online, but it was much too lightweight for pants.